Important Information for KCDC MongoDB Workshop
The single most important thing you need to know is that if you show up with a machine that is running Windows XP or a machine that doesn't have a JDK on it, you're gonna have a bad day.
Prerequisites for your computer
OS: Windows 7 or 8, preferably 64bit, Linux or recent OS X
Have a Java SDK 1.7 installed and configured with IDE on machine
Why? Because we will utilize features that were introduced in MongoDB version 2.2.
Windows XP and older versions of Linux/OS X ARE NOT SUPPORTED by MongoDB 2.2+
Prerequisites for you
Be able to run and use the command prompt / terminal of your OS.
Be able to create code, add a jar/library, compile and run code in your favorite IDE.
It is my primary goal that you leave the workshop with a functioning MongoDB environment and knowledge of the fundamentals with the skills to do routine development work.
- Introduction and Installation of MongoDB
- Schema (Relational and Document Oriented)
- Creating, Reading, Updating and Deleting documents (CRUD)
- Advanced CRUD - sub documents, arrays, sorting, limiting and other operators
- Aggregation Framework
- Sharding Overview
- Open Lab - Time Permitting